Dive into Dermal Filler Treatment with Confidence
- Posted on: Sep 15 2019
Online and on television and movie screens, we tend to see people at their very best; their very best being the side of them that looks the most attractive. The images that we see every day are so ingrained in our minds that we may not even realize that we believe the beautiful people we see are naturally that way. Often, the facial curves and harmony that we so admire are achieved with a few simple techniques. One of the popular methods of refining the face is to inject dermal fillers into certain areas. You may be wondering what dermal fillers can do for you but also hesitating to dive into treatment. Here, we provide a few details that may answer questions that are keeping you in limbo.
- Dermal fillers are different than Botox. Although both types of injectables are used to reduce wrinkles, they each work in a unique manner. Dermal fillers add volume, while Botox minimizes muscle contractions. As such, neither can do what the other does. In many cases, patients choose a combination of the two to achieve the best results.
- The most common dermal fillers are made with hyaluronic acid. This substance is made by the body naturally, so there is no risk of an allergic reaction. When injected into the dermis or deeper layer of the epidermis, hyaluronic acid smooths skin by trapping water molecules in place.
- Results can last several months. Different dermal fillers are made for different purposes. Some are denser and more structural to enhance areas such as the cheeks. Others are much thinner and softer to maintain a natural feel in areas such as the lips. The length of results relates to the consistency of the filler, with denser products lasting as long as two years.
- Differing consistencies allow us to preserve natural appearance. One of the concerns that dermal filler newbies have is that they will look “done.” This could happen if the wrong product is used or too much filler is injected, but this is unlikely today due to increased awareness and also a variety of product choices. The goal of dermal filler treatment is to refresh the face in such a subtle way that people notice an improvement, they just don’t know what it is.
- Don’t like it? Ditch it! Would you be more comfortable getting dermal filler treatment if you knew you could reverse it if you didn’t like the outcome? Well, you can. To have this ability, make sure you choose a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvéderm or Restylane. Hyaluronic acid can be dissolved with a particular enzyme that works very quickly.
At Cornea Consultants of Albany, we proudly perform both medical and cosmetic treatments to help our patients see well and love what they see in the mirror. To schedule your consultation for dermal filler treatment, call 518.475.1515.
Posted in: Dermal fillers